Girl Scouts Self Defense
Girl Scouts Class
Our self defense Girl Scouts class is designed to teach self defense techniques in a fun, group atmosphere. By attending one of our self defense classes, your Girl Scout will earn the Awareness Patch, or she can also obtain the “Go Chihuahua Crazy!”™ Patch, the Back-Off patch, and the B.O.B. patch by taking a refresher or level-2 class. Cadets, Seniors, and Ambassadors classes cover topics that are geared towards a more mature audience.
Physical and verbal assaults on children are more common than you think. The National Center for Juvenile Justice found that 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 6 boys were sexually assaulted before the age of 18. A study by the National Center for Education Statistics found that 27.8% of students report being bullied during the school year. There were 424,066 entries into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center for missing or abducted children in 2018 alone. PlayItSafeDefense offers self defense classes for kids that is a fun, interactive, and age-appropriate method to teach students to respond appropriately to these types of situations.
All levels earn their Awareness Patch. Scouts will also earn a new and different patch for every class they attend thereafter. Our program is progressive as they mature.
Our self defense class for Girl Scouts teaches:
Bully Prevention & How to Deal with Friendship Drama:
- Verbal defense techniques
- What bullies look for in their victims
- Name calling, teasing, excluding and arguments
- How to cope with “friendship issues & drama”
- Projecting a confident attitude
- Dealing with aggressive bullies
- Better communication and increased self-esteem
- Increased respect for self and others
Stranger Awareness & Self Defense Strategies:
- Physical self defense techniques
- Increased safety at school, home, and play
- How not to be targeted: Walking and talking with confidence
- Distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate adult behavior
- How to recognize a stranger and when it is appropriate to respond to a stranger
- How to tell a trusted adult if something has occurred
- Getting lost, home safety, walking to and from home
- Appropriate touch and behavior with acquaintances
Bring PlayItSafeDefense to Your Troop!
We can travel to you! The cost of the workshops are on a per student basis based upon location.
The registration fee includes an “Awareness” patch for each student and an informational supplement for the parents.
Please contact us for fees and available dates, or call Sofia Meyer at (720) 619-0011 to discuss options.
PlayItSafeDefense was awarded the 2015-2016 Girl Scout Friendship Award for supporting the Girl Scout mission by providing superior service and assistance to the council.